Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My battery is dead how do I get the doors open the

My battery is dead...

My battery is dead how do I get the doors open the electronic system wont open the doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Put a new battery in about two months ago I cannot get to the battery how do I get the hood open when I cannot get into the car to pull the latch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2007 Zn

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I just went out to get in it it is going to repair tomorrow because the entire instrument panel is blank and A Mercedes MECHANIC SAID IT PROBBLYIS A FUSE ANDTO TAKE IT IN FOR A new fuse...the ca rhas not been driven much because there has been trouble with s hot rubber odor coming from the front wheel area .I am afraid as a womanI just get the run around and everything is is not going well

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/24/2018
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician

I may possibly be able to help - so on the driver's side door, is there a conventional lock?

Your remote should have a key that slides out the bottom... it will have a small head on it, but it pulls out from the remote to get you into the car.

it is referred to as the Valet key?Sorry it took meso long I have torunout tocar.

I'm not a Mercedes technician, but I'm going on how it typically works... I would feel guity for the charge you would incur with a phone call, if I cannot help you...

Have you been able to see what I'm referring to on the remote?

No problem. Yes, it may be called the valet key.

will that open the door? I amnot sure how toget it out as I have never had occasion to do that

Yes! That key is just for such emergencies.

I will call if you wish.

Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician
Phone call session started
No that's ok I think I can do it I will figure it out there is so much going wrong with the car it is frustrating.

Thank you for the conversation. I'm happy now that you can get into the car! I'm also hopeful that it will be an easy fix for the instrument cluster. Regards, Todd