Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A SiriusXM question. We just purchased a very low mileage…

Customer Question
Hi, A SiriusXM question...

Hi, A SiriusXM question. We just purchased a very low mileage 2010 GLK 350 for my wife. Sirius was factory installed at MB. I notified Sirius of the VIN and they sent a refresh and the screen replies that it is Accessing Signal-for hours. All other functions AM/FM/CD/WB work just fine. Sirius has sent several refresh signals but no change. Antenna or? Thanks, Mike

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would be able to trace system, but have not found location of the Sirius modules.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, would just like to get this working. Sirius is no help and the local dealer says the car is too old.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
4/4/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

siruis is never any help, in my experience they always say everything is fine on their end lol,.

the issue is ALWAYS a failed satellite radio module or a software update is needed with the mercedes scan tool and update disc.

what you stated doesnt make sense to me, the dealership said it was too old for what?

Lou