Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just bought a 1983 mb turbodiesel and the engine needs a…

Customer Question
Just bought a 1983...

Just bought a 1983 mb turbodiesel and the engine needs a tune up as well as the shocks, please advice

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

260k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '83 Mercedes?

300 Turbodiesel wagon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Need a new dashboard and where best to get parts for this beautiful car

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
4/3/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: MercedesDoc, Independent Mercedes Shop Owner replied 3 months ago
MercedesDoc
MercedesDoc, Independent Mercedes Shop Owner

Sorry, I see this question hasn't been picked up yet. Are you still in need of a good vendor for parts for your wonderful older diesel?

I'm disappointed about not getting a response to my questions even after 12 hrs. You just took my $5 and forgot all about me and my problem. Keep the money if that's the real meat of your "services" . Thanks

Sorry about the wait. Please don't shoot the messenger (me), as I just saw this question still open, and wanted to know if you could still use some help with it. Believe me, the site won't just take your money and be done with it. I'm certainly happy to kick this over to customer service and they'll get it back to you promptly.

But, if you'd still like some information on where to get proper parts for your car, I'm more than happy to stick with it, and get you pointed in the right direction. I'm good with either decision, and hate to see a customer unhappy.