Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pete, I have a E350 2009 and just had a huge bolt removed…

Customer Question
Hi Pete, I have a E350...
Hi Pete,
I have a E350 2009 and just had a huge bolt removed from my left right passenger tire. The bolt was on the inside of tire. How it got there still has me perplexed. So of course I had to get tire replace.
Well the day the tire went flat, the ESP inoperative message appeared. I went to the dealership and had tire done as well as brakes. They said they put air in all tires but I'm still getting message. When I get the message, a triangle light appears which normally would come on when tire pressure is low. Now I'm getting a message low beam light left and now I'm getting right park lamp off. Please help. I just paid this car off last year.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
4/2/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello Carolyn.

sorry this is happening to the car,

always seems to happen once its paid off.

is the esp inop the only message you are seeing?

nothing about the tire pressure?

if so it can be a coincidence or they could have put the wrong tire on or you have more at fault here.

as for the lights that is normal, the car now has some age on it so having some failing bulbs is normal.

Hi Lou
There is no message about the tire pressure. As stated earlier I didn’t get the Esp msg until the tire went flat and I would hope the dealership would have sense and responsible enough not to put the wrong your in the car is it odd Ike they failed to reset the code yes.

i wonder if the wheel speed sensor or wiring got damaged with the repair.

esp will be inop if the tire is very flat but you should have also gotten a run flat indicator message as well.

this will be hard to tell you what happened without having codes for the system.

oh and i have seen some things on cars that would blow your mind lol

totally possible the wrong tire was installed, i am just thinking about all the things that could cause your issue.