Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 Mercedes c300 check right and left low beam lights

Customer Question
2008 Mercedes c300 check...

2008 Mercedes c300 check right and left low beam lights message came on at the same time. Left bulb was replaced a year ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the fuses?

I don't know where the fuses are or the numbers?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Lol, I'm trying...I haven't tried anything yet. But I'm pretty sure it's not the bulbs since left/right cam on at the same time and left is a year old bulb. I would like to check fuses if you can tell me location and numbers

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
4/2/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello and good morning,

we do not use fuses for the lights.

they are controlled by the left front sam which is a fuse box with a control module attached to it.

what we do in the shop is unplug the light and use the scan tool to activate the lights and then we can check power and ground to see if the module is actually activating the lights.

of course the first thing we do is check and try a new bulb.

so its safe to assume that you have failed bulbs since they use separate wiring inside the sam and headlights to run the bulbs.

so that is what you will need to do, first replace the bulbs and then if they still dont work, take it to a shop that has a mercedes scan tool and see if they can further diagnose the issue, it is odd that both would fail at the same time but cars do some strange things lol.

so please let me know if you need more info, I am basing this info off of my 20 years mercedes experience.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

If both lights are controlled by the left front sam is it possible the sam is faulty? Can you give me more information about that? I want to know as much about this before I go to shop....It has been in the shop alot lately and I feel like I am being taken advantage of...thanks