Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The rear break actuator on my 2014 ml350 is in the full open…

Customer Question
The rear break actuator...

The rear break actuator on my 2014 ml350 is in the full open position and I cannot get it to retract. In it's current position, I cannot re-install the break pads and I have an error on the dash saying 'conditions are not correct'.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

97,000 miles. i do not have a code reader.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replacing the rear rotors and pads. i have removed and replaced the rotors and pads, but can not retract the electronic actuator. i went to the pad replacement screen and hit retract, but it was after i removed the caliper.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
4/2/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

at this point you will need to remove the actuator and manually retract the piston using the small opening in the back, it should be an allen if memory serves me. once retracted you can reinstall the actuator and then finish up the brake job and then i would go through the dash and set into service position and then back into normal.

that should get you taken care of.

I have included the instructions.

please let me know if you need more help.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you. the only way I am paid for my info and time is when you rate, if there is a issue with the info I sent and you need more help or anything then by all means please let me know and I will continue to help you, but please take the time to rate me so I may be paid. Thank you. Lou P.