Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My gl350’s temperature gauge is on and the check engine

Customer Question
My gl350’s temperature gauge...

My gl350’s temperature gauge is on and the check engine light is on, but coolant is fine and engine does not seem hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Was blinking and now is steady on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2011 gl350 bluematic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fan is not kicking on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have checked coolant and tried to see hoses and everything looks ok

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
4/1/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
eric remington

d​o you have scanner? vin number please?

Thanks but This doesn’t help.
Mercedes Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

we​ll I need yourvin number in order to access service information. do you have a scanner so that we can see if any trouble codes exist in the pcm. if you have a scanner we can access a data stream. I don't know what you mean this doesn't help? I need information in order to help. I don't have a crystal ball that I can tell you what codes are causing your check engine light to come on. many things can cause light tot come on. So please answer my questions. If you don't have as scanner you can go to autozone and they will scan upir pcm and tell you what codes you have and then report back to me and I will tell you what to do next. But if you second guess me and assume that with such basic info that I can help you without answering my questions how can I help you. So how can I help you?

You are not helpful, any idiot can look up a code on a scanner. No one needs a vin number. This is obviously a scam. Since you waited so long to answer I already got help. Thanks anyway. A real mechanic could give suggestions based on information given.
Mercedes Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

yes problem with customers like you. you beleive that someone can just out of thin air can figure out your problems..I don't have crystal ball. your problem needs to be diagnosed . there are several potential causes...ck this website imadweeb.com

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have outstanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou

sorry you have had such a rough start, I did want to touch base and make sure that you did not need help?

did you in fact get the car taken care of?

maybe I can explain better why the last guy asked for a vin and if you had any codes?

we are not a scam. we are real people that truly try to help, google JUSTANSWER LOU P. and you will see thousands of my chats where i go to great lengths to help people.

the main goal here is to get you taken care of.

so please let me know if you need help with this issue still or if you have it taken care of.

Lou

no, i will take it to the dealership. thanks anyway. and to be clear you should never start a conversation asking someone for their vin on the internet. That just screams SCAM.

sorry you feel that way, without the vin we can not be sure that we are looking up the correct info.

a lot of people dont even know what car they own.

lol

hope it all works out for you.

I have been a dealer tech for 20 years.

so if you need a second opinion or what not let me know.

not all dealers are good customer service orientated places.,

Lou