Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 sl 500, gotten remanufactured pump garage put it in,

Customer Question
Hi, 2005 sl 500...

Hi, 2005 sl 500, gotten remanufactured pump garage put it in, know saysno pressure, called buyautoparts.com, sending another pump. could it be bad one they sent me

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

Had it dianost at mb dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, its driving me crazy

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/31/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You don't mention what type of pump you're dealing with, but it isn't uncommon for anything remanufactured to be bad out of the box. There may be other factors depending on what system you're dealing with.

Is it a power steering pump that was replaced?

the power steerting pump
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** installing the power steering pump on the SL it is necessary to prime the pump by applying air pressure to the power steering reservoir. Failure to prime the pump can result in the new pump failing if it runs more than a few minutes without a prime.

Let me know if you have any questions.