Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can’t get my moonroof to work on my 2002 Mercedes clk430…

Customer Question
I can’t get my moonroof...
I can’t get my moonroof to work on my 2002 Mercedes clk430
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/30/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Is it making any noises when trying to operate it at all?

Was anything done on the vehicle that may have caused this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

No it makes no noise at all and no I haven’t done anything to it recently

Try pushing the switch forward to the first detent and hold it there for about 5 seconds then release it and see if it works then.If this does not work push the switch to tilt the roof and hold it for 5 seconds.If this does not work or was already tried let me know.This will help reset it in case it lost its calibration.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete