Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Random misfire from 1 2 3 and 4 changed all spark plugs and…

Customer Question
Random misfire from 1...

Random misfire from 1 2 3 and 4 changed all spark plugs and coils still same codes no injector pulse from those cylinders

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

No and no

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2008 ml 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes changed all spark plugs and coils and crank sensors

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Mercedes
3/30/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 25 days ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

since you are not getting injector pulse on those cylinders you need to do a continuity test of the wiring form those injectors to the computer

diagram

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
where does the power supply come from for the injector
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
hello?

im busy with other customers so a little patience is appreciated

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
didn't realize you are working with other customers thought this was one on one personal service (1st time using it) so I understand now and will be patientwhich color is the power wire for the injector?

please standby. thanks

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
the pulse to the ground is 3.2

you need to use a noid light to check for pulse

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
1st start get pluse for 30 seconds then no pulse

and what are all of the fault codes?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
p0300, p0301, p0303, p0304

im not sure on this one if you are losing pulse after 30 seconds. I would suspect the computer, but I will open this up to the others.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
ok thank you, ***** ***** on the response time from the new mechanic?
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 25 days ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Benz Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
vin # 4JGBB86E08A299656

ok what I need you to do is to have the key on engine off and measure on all 6 injectors disconnected pin 1 to ground what is the voltage reading?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
cant disconnect all the injectors need to remove the harness I did disconnect #3 and 1
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
is the intake hall injector part of the injector pulse?

the 4 cam shaft magnets and all 6 injectors share the same power. so what is the voltage measurement on pin on of injector 1 and 3 to ground please.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
3.2

ok disconnect one of the cam magnet and measure pin 2 to ground

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
injector power is good no problem - the injector is missing the ground pulse what supplies the ground pulse?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
sorry i'm not sure what you mean when you say "measure pin 2 to ground"

ok now you are giving me 2 different answers.

i have asked you first what is the voltage measurement of pin 1 of the injector you can get access to ground and you said 3.2v

then you come back that the power to the injector is good . good means 12v. so this tells me that you have both which cannot be .

please understand I'm trying to help but giving implausible values of the same circuit will not get anywhere!!

ground is the ground stud on the passenger side on the fender area.

so again i need you to disconnect injector plugs you can gain access and then measure from pin 1 to ground with the key on engine off.

on the connector housing there is numbers of what is pin 1 and 2.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
the 3.2 is from the ground wire from the injector - the injector is getting power always key off key on car running still getting power 12 volt

ok that sounds better. 3.2 v sounds right you have to remember you are dealing with transistors (drivers) that run the injectors.

let me ask you this before any repairs of the misfire issue any recent work , accidents, any mice nests?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
no mice nest - accident 3 yrs ago
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
right front wheel

did you do a compression check on all cylinders?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
no problems
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
car starts first key but shaking

what you mean no problems? I like actual values to eliminate mechanical issue . what was the pressures in all 6 cylinders?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
150 psi
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
can you tell me what supplies the ground signal to the injector, please
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
does it come from the computer only?

yes from ecu .

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
the white and red wire on the #3 injectors what is the signal suppose to be

when running toggle to ground

heading to sleep we can pick this up in the morning is that ok?

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician