Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Mercedes 2003 350 ml. I have had it into the

Customer Question
I have a Mercedes...

I have a Mercedes 2003 350 ml.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Mercedes?

I have had it into the Mercedes dealer 3 times, they have replaced the radiator, coolant tank, fan assembly and thermostat, they now say that it could be a leak into the number one cylinder, does this sound correct

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

No sign of the leak but they say that the back pressure from the cylinder is causing the collant cap to break down due to the increased pressure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No the Mercedes dealer is working on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The leak is out of the coolant cap only when it had been driven for 30 minutes, the temperature gauge cycles normally

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/30/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 2 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Benz Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. There is a possibility. the correct way to check for a blown headgasket is to insert compressed air in the cylinder and have a carbon pyle battery tester to load the starter to the point on compression stroke to hold the crank to reciprocate and have the coolant cap off . if the coolant boils over from the reservoir then you have a head gasket issue. This test is the most accurate way to test if the headgasket is bad.

please keep me in the loop on this!!

thanks