Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Mercedes 2006 C280 4MATIC needs repairs of about $6800 to…

Customer Question
my Mercedes 2006 C280 4MATIC...
my Mercedes 2006 C280 4MATIC needs repairs of about $6800 to fix camshaft (or balance shaft). I understand Mercedes knows about this and a class action lawsuit was filed in CA. My car has about 127,000 miles on it and is over 10 years old. how can I get Mercedes to help pay for this (or pay for it all)?
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Kevin, Master tech replied 30 days ago
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech

Hi im kevin im assuming you have the usual balance shaft issue .this is a very common and well known failure on these engines which are fitted in just about every model of mercedes .the first this you will need to do is get the car diagnosed at mercedes dealer once they have confrimed that the bancer shaft is worn and is the cause of your issue .you can then try and get them to contribute towards repair costs.how much the contribute varies on a car to car case and the history,milage of vehicle.but i have seen alot of cases where the dealer has paid a large precentage of repair

let me know if you need anything else at all

Mercedes Mechanic: Kevin, Master tech replied 28 days ago

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech