Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 Benz ML320 no check engine light displays on dashboard.

2000 Benz ML320 no...

2000 Benz ML320 no check engine light displays on dashboard. emissions said it needed to turn on when the ignition. was in RUN?on position?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Neither sir . i just bought it 2 weeks ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, looking for a fusable link or fuse to the lamp sir

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I see the previous owner used cheap plugs in the motor so the EGR Valve has to be replaced ran a bottle of Seafoam and it smoothed out a little.

3/27/2018
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The check engine light should come on with the key first turned on as a bulb check.Since it is not turning on the most common cause is the light bulb itself.The dash cluster on your model can be removed and the bulb can be accessed separate and unlocked and removed from the circuit board and replaced.Usually, the bulb you need ( very small with a special mount ) has to be obtained from a dealer or online.

But if all other lights and gauges are working o.k. it is the check engine light bulb itself that is burned out needing to be replaced.

Now some previous owner may have removed the bulb to hide any problems the vehicle has.It is a good idea to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and then those codes can then be diagnosed to then locate and repair the check engine light issue and the bulb replaced as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic