Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The lite is still on after changing the power streeting pump…

Customer Question
the lite is still on...
the lite is still on after changing the power streeting pump
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/27/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

If you've had the battery off whilst replacing the power steering pump then it is necessary to perform a zero point calibration of the steering angle sensor. To do this you need to start the car and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right 5 or 6 times

this should then turn off the fault light and will also help to flush any air that's caught up in the pump

If this doesn't help then the next step should be to plug the car into a dealer level diagnostic tool to pull off the codes and highlight the issue

sorry to say that the generic scan tools aren't very accurate or even support the reading of fault codes that are not engine related

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.

If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies

Thanks Matt

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt