Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I change the battery but the warning light is still on. The…

Customer Question
I change the battery...

I change the battery but the warning light is still on. The fuse is burn but I don't know where the fuse is located. Do you know where it is?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No just the fuse location.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Benz Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.
  2. Is the battery light message red or white please?

Thanks

It's time to put my kids to sleep . please just let me know of the vin and the battery message and will get back with you either later or tomorrow morning!!

thanks

Vin# *****
The battery light is red.

Ok you have a SL. With the red battery light . You have a charging issue !! You need to validate while engine running the battery voltage is between 13.8 14.5 volts at the battery with a volt meter. If not you have an alternator that is not charging correctly and very good chance it needs to be replaced.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang