Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I change the battery but the warning light is still on. The…

Customer Question
I change the battery...

I change the battery but the warning light is still on. The fuse is burn but I don't know where the fuse is located. Do you know where it is?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No just the fuse location.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 27 days ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Benz Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.
  2. Is the battery light message red or white please?

Thanks

It's time to put my kids to sleep . please just let me know of the vin and the battery message and will get back with you either later or tomorrow morning!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Vin# *****
The battery light is red.

Ok you have a SL. With the red battery light . You have a charging issue !! You need to validate while engine running the battery voltage is between 13.8 14.5 volts at the battery with a volt meter. If not you have an alternator that is not charging correctly and very good chance it needs to be replaced.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician