Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1994 Mercedes sl320 was running fine. I went out to start it…

Customer Question
1994 Mercedes sl320 was...

1994 Mercedes sl320 was running fine. I went out to start it and it didn’t start. There was a beeping and the roll bar triangle lights were flashing as well as the light with the wheel next to that

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The triangle lights on the roll bar switchon the center console and the traction control button next to it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No other than the roll bar is working

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/27/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

.Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

This security system is triggered on ,check battery for 12 volts , there is a TSB bulletin on the left front door clearance and the door element causing switch to stay to high or to low triggering alarm ,CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE PDF FILE ON TSB BULLETIN ON THIS ISSUE

YOU CAN TRY THIS RESET BELOW ALSO ,IN CASE BATTERY WAS LOW AND NEEDS CHARGING OR REPLCAING AND CAUSE THE SECUITY TO TRIGGER

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.