Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 85 500SE is not starting. Fuel pump is inop and the

Customer Question
My 85 500SE is...

My 85 500SE is not starting. Fuel pump is inop and the ignition circuit is not energized.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

I know the fuel pump is bad. I applied direct power to it and nothing. Replacement pump is on its way.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 500SE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I will be working on it myself. The car has been sitting for many years. I am working to get it running. I'm more concerned with no power to the ignition circuit. Not sure where to check.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is a Euro mark car from Germany.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
3/27/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

I was able to isolate the fuel pump issue to a faulty pump. Replacement part ordered. The ignition will be a bit more difficult but I believe I know where to look now. No additional assistance is required at this time.
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

o​k sounds good , if you need anything else on it let me know

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?ASE Certified Technician