Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need instructions on how to remove my 06 R350 engine. Do I…

I need instructions on how...
I need instructions on how to remove my 06 R350 engine. Do I need any specialty tools?
3/25/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, directions are attached in a pdf file for you. Speciality tools are listed in the directions and have their MB tool part number listed.

The biggest thing to note is that the engine with axle and axle carrier come out as one unit from underneath. This means you need a lift for the vehicle and will need a rolling support stand to lower the complete assembly onto and then separate.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

The PDF words are blurry, is there anyway to fix that? Is there anyway to pull the engine out the top?

No way to come out the top.

Let me see if I can upload them another way

here you go

2af5d2a0-82a9-4682-9866-...png2af5d2a...png5c10bece-f298-40db-a906-...png5c10bec...png80b9c787-189f-4a34-98a5-...png80b9c78...png993cb363-878d-4780-b106-...png993cb36...png2dc2288e-13b0-4a0c-b591-...png2dc2288...png

more

c7a4ddc8-9d5b-4995-9476-...pngc7a4ddc...pnge9e3f5bb-6ed1-463b-9482-...pnge9e3f5b...png7999479c-2bf6-4f12-9bd9-...png7999479...pngdc79a2ab-29d6-4c01-8c48-...pngdc79a2a...png

HI,

last for separating engine from axle carrier

Unless you have a further question on this, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

Unless you have a further question on this, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank youPlease note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

At this time, unless you have a further question on this, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.