Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My mercedes alarm went off several times, my fault, but now…

Customer Question
My mercedes alarm went...

My mercedes alarm went off several times, my fault, but now will not start , and I have a full display of all sorts of issues

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

I unlocked it with the kley..the FOB will not open it, and I disc onnected the battery for a few seconds. It remebers that teh alarm went off earlier I guess.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

99 ML430..It actually starts the engine for a few seconds then shuts it off every time...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothinh to fix, oit runbs well till I set off the alarm nessing about with the fob..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do I rerset the " memory ' on this beast? Otherwise it runs well..no major issues ever...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
I set off the alarm several times messing about with the fob...now it will not allow me to start .Actually it starts for a few seconds then it shuts down.
Should I go away and come back later? Can we do this on my cell phone? Phone is(###) ###-####
Please give some idea as to WHEN you might appear. I have already paid...
Am heading back to my car to see what else I might try...be back in a while.....
Did I just WASTE away $31.00 ? almost an hour later and no sign of a human being so far.
3/25/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Jake, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Jake
Jake, Auto Mechanic
Hey there, my name is Jake.Sorry you have been waiting so long.Can you tell me what happened originally to set off the alarm?
The BEST thing for you to do for starters is to open and firmly shut the hood and trunk. Then manually lock and firmly close each door.Once complete turn the key in the drivers door to unlock it and get inside and start the engine.