Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Started the E350 today and "Alternate Battery Malfunction"

Customer Question
Started the E350 today...

Started the E350 today and "Alternate Battery Malfunction" in yellow came on. What is happening?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Headlights, radio, A/c are all working, I don't get a red battery displayed

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your E350?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't work with cars - I just take it to the dealer for service or any problems

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/24/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

The message Alternate battery malfunction is coming on ,is you need to replace the battery on side of dash

We have 2 batteries in this car one in thE trunk and another one ON THE SIDE THE DASH h

There battery in the dash (driver side). you need to remove a lower dash panel and the panel on the side of the dash (which you can only access with the door open) in order to access and replace the battery.

The cost should be around $200, I suggest you let the dealer install this and suggest a Mercedes brand one for that specific battery .

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE REMOVE AND REPLACE OF THE ALTERNATE BATTERY AND THE LOCATION OF IT ON SIDE OF DASH

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Hey, Just checking to see if you need any additional help on it