Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lots! 2007 cl500. Side window behind driver not working.

Customer Question
Lots! 2007 cl500. Side...

Lots! 2007 cl500. Side window behind driver not working. Blower not working for heat and ac. All fuses seem ok....

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope other than how does this work /cost

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
The question level you selected is a $30 question I believe.Will your blower motor work even on high? Unfortunately since your vehicle has electronic climate control you're going to need a scan tool to interrogate the climate control module. You could remove the glove box and get the blower motor out and then try to manually give it power and ground to see if it functions at all, generally since it's not an old-school set up with the resistor pack and it's all computer-controlled, the blower motor is going to be faulty, however like I said without scanning it or manually powering it, it's an educated guess.Now, as far as a side window behind the driver not working. On German cars you can put the key into the driver's door and turn it towards the unlocked position and hold it there and the windows will roll down, holding the key in the lock position will do the opposite and roll it up.I need you to try and operate the window in that manner. If the left rear window functions under that condition, then it means that the switch is just faulty and you need to replace the master switch assembly on the driver door.If the window motor does not function using the key, then either the motors faulty, or there's a wiring fault. I will definitely check all the fuses, however generally since it's controlled by the convenience module if any of the windows work a fuse is not the problem.It be much quicker and easier if you had a professional-quality scan tool that you can scan the convenience module with because it will tell you whether or not the switch is faulty, or there's a problem with the resistance through the wiring to the motor, although it cannot tell whether or not the wiring or the motor is at fault.I will tell you that generally there's not wiring issues to power window motors unless it's at the connection between the door and the body, since this is a coupe that's highly unlikely and either the motors going to function using the key in the door or the motor is probably bad and you'll need to disassemble the interior to get to it. It may be worth your while to have it professionally diagnosed if you can't discern whether or not it's the master switch, because it's extremely labor-intensive with lots of easy to break parts to get to the power window motor.If I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name as that is the only way I am compensated for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.