Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Liquid refrigerant reaching compressor at first start. 2009…

Customer Question
Liquid refrigerant reaching compressor...

Liquid refrigerant reaching compressor at first start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2009 r350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your R350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a VW tech On first start early cold morning a lot of stress on belt and tensioner last 10 to 15 seconds

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/24/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

Do you think it is liquid refrigerent? My thought is that there is to much oil in the compressor. Does it look like the compressor has been changed lately? I would pull the lines off the compressor and try to blow some of the oil out. Then recharge it with the proper amount of freon.

.