Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Started getting suspension malfunction messages and weeks…

Started getting suspension malfunction...

Started getting suspension malfunction messages and weeks later rear end dropped. (2008 e63 amg)

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No fluid, rear is too low to drive

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?

E63 amg

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself,

3/24/2018
Pete, Mechanic

The car has an airmatic suspension system. Usually the problem is in one of the rear air bags is leaking. Some of the AMG cars might have an air strut instead of a bag. The car will have to be scanned with a MB capable scanner to find the exact problem. Don"t attempt to drive it as you will cause damage to the drive line.

Pete, Mechanic
Pete, Mechanic