Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 c300 wddgf5eb7br152575 The car was driven to work no…

2011 c300 wddgf5eb7br152575The car was...
2011 c300 wddgf5eb7br152575The car was driven to work no problems after shift key fob unlocks car when is inserted and turned no lamps come on and no crank.
Power windows don’t work and head lamp won’t turn on
First I checked battery
battery load tested passes 672 CCA connections are clean and tight. Nearest dealer is over 200 miles away
I’m a gm tech small town dealer only one willing to try and help
I wanted to check the power distribution for possible loss of bad fuse or link
I have access to alldata but it has been difficult to find and info I can use the way they are labeled. Power distribution is what I was trying to find and make the simple checks for power loss
I see a underhood fuse box on drivers front also a possible Sam located next to battery. Is there a chance we have a problem that can be fixed with towing it to dealer. Do you need any other info on car to help thanks Lance
3/23/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Lance can you tell me if you hear the steering wheel lock and unlock when inserting and removing the key?

do you have another key you can try as well?

No sounds at all and doctor didn’t bring a second key not sure he has one was bought a year ago

ok, the most common issue with this model and this scenario is the steering column lock module.

it does not send the signal back to the ignition switch letting it know it was unlocked so it will not power on the car.

the only way to get this fixed is at a dealer :(

as it has to do with the antitheft.

i know you may not have a close one around but there is no other way as the dealer wont sell this part to a shop in most cases.

hope this helps.

I will send over info that will show you what it looks like and work repair info.

Lou

hope this helps.

please let me know if you need anything else or have any further questions on this.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Ok I’m going to call but first I’m going to find out if extra key is available
the car steering won’t turn and is parked out back with no WiFi service for my device so I will have to use my phone. one moment pleas

the phone call is automated. if you want to talk we can but i am not sure i can provide much more info than i already stated.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Ok no other key fob is available, only one for car
How can I transfer call or update to this number(###) ###-#### My old number on this acct was(###) ###-####it will not work
Phone call session started

i will call you shortly.

Lou

I also do have your updated number no worries.

I’ll be out for lunch away from car I’ll be back at car about 1:10 central time if you can call any time after then thanks Lance

ok that works sorry for the delay, i will take mine as well then.

i was stuck on another chat.

i will call you about that time either way i will call you for sure.