Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 ML350 Mercedes, and the radio is not working…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a 2011 ML350 Mercedes, and the radio is not working displaying ant theft activation message

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Where can I find the fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did not tried nothing yet

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Hello, I am still waiting for the answer. Thanks
3/23/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
In these models the anti theft feature is built internally so if you were to swap the radio with one from another car it would not function for long before displaying this message. If you did not swap this from another car and its displaying this message then there can be an internal issue that requires either updating the software or replacing the radio. Either way the only place that can unlock the anti theft feature or update the radio is the dealer. This is not like older models where i can just supply you with a code . It is all done with a scan tool and linked online to merceded servers. If there were an easier way i surely would tell you. But you need to take this in to a dealer to get it unlocked. Hope this information helps Please take a second and rate me 5 stars in the top right corner of the chat if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Thanks for choosing just answer! Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Another question, is this model a*****(4X4)? If yes How I can activate it when needed?
I need your vin to be sure but but yes 99% are what we call 4-matic and its active all the time. There is no on off switch.
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician