Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changed brake pads and rotors on 06 cls500, now the reduced…

Changed brake pads and rotors...
Changed brake pads and rotors on 06 cls500, now the reduced brake light and all kinds of bells and whistles. Also brakes are hard.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Are you aware that this car uses a system called SBC sensotronic brake control, electric brakes. There is a pump assembly up near the front passenger wheel well that activates the brakes. Did you disable the system before performing the repairs?
I’m a small car dealer for over 30 years, I would say technical knowledge is fair. Bought this 06 cls500at auction real nice car. 99k and my mechanic do the brakes obviously big mistake
Ok do you know 100% if that warning was on before the brakes? Considering you purchased this from an auction?
No we did not, so what do we do now
It was NOT, I had driven home for 2 nights
Ok so before replacing anything i would get the codes read. I have a feeling that your guy did nothing wrong. These units have a life timer built inside the unit.
These units are only good for about 8-10 years depending on how often its driven
Get codes read with a high end scanner or mercedes scanner to get the codes from the SBC unit.
If you get a code that states operating time exceeded then you need a new unit from the dealer. If it does not and the code is not specific then return to me and let me know and i can tell you what to do next. But without the codes there is nothing i can suggest other than to unplug the unit and reconnect it, start the car and pump the brakes about 20 times. Turn key off, lock and unlock car, start car and repeat. See if the warning goes away after 2 attempts. If not we definitely need the codes read. Hope this information helps Please take a second and rate me 5 stars in the top right corner of the chat if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Thanks for choosing just answer! Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Lou go ahead and charge me for tonight, but can we call you tomorrow when I’m with my mechanic, not sure where you are but it’s 9:45 here. I was just browsing the internet licorice answer and really glad I found you
Same time zone here as well
Just reply back to me tomorrow and we can go from there . :) have a good night.