Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lou... can I use Techron fuel system treatment ..or injector…

Lou... can I use Techron...
Lou... can I use Techron fuel system treatment ..or injector cleaning ??? Is it worth it?
3/23/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hi Alex, actually yes, that is one thing that i do recommend.

this engine had a lot of issues with carbon on the pistons so when cold you would hear a lot of tapping noises and it would go away as it warmed up.

as long as someone performs the injector cleaning and fuel system service and adds some to the tank (its a 3 part system) it can be very beneficial.

as for just adding something to the tank yes i can recommend techron but pay attention to the mixture on the directions. also sea foam is a good additive.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Thank you Lou...