Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Oh well, it started once then started doing the same thing.

Customer Question
im going to test the...
oh well, it started once then started doing the same thing. im going to test the starter as you suggested
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/22/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Make sure that the fuse didn't blow. If the fuse is good you should make sure that you have 12V going to the fuse when you turn the key to the start position. If you have 12V I would say that the starter is bad. The next step would be to check for 12V at the small wire on the starter solenoid to be sure that the voltage is getting from the fuse box to the solenoid.

Hi, just checking in. Did you ever get this figured out?