Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I do have Poplar at the brake light switch also replace the…

Customer Question
I do have Poplar...

I do have Poplar at the brake light switch also replace the brake light switch fuses under the hood and under the back seat or good condition please advise

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Normal

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2000 E320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check fuse under the hood and under the back seat replace brake light switch I do have power at the brake light switch when the ignition is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

None of my brake light is working

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
3/22/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 month ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** from the brake light switch has to go through the stop lamp suppression relay when you apply the brakes. If the relay is bad the brake lights will not work. You should have 12V at the black wire going to the brake light switch. If you connect the black wire to the black/yellow wire your brake lights should turn on. If nothing happens when you jump the two wires together I would replace the relay. I'm assuming that you have checked the light bulbs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician