Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I do have Poplar at the brake light switch also replace the

Customer Question

I do have Poplar at the brake light switch also replace the brake light switch fuses under the hood and under the back seat or good condition please advise
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Normal
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2000 E320
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check fuse under the hood and under the back seat replace brake light switch I do have power at the brake light switch when the ignition is on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: None of my brake light is working
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** from the brake light switch has to go through the stop lamp suppression relay when you apply the brakes. If the relay is bad the brake lights will not work. You should have 12V at the black wire going to the brake light switch. If you connect the black wire to the black/yellow wire your brake lights should turn on. If nothing happens when you jump the two wires together I would replace the relay. I'm assuming that you have checked the light bulbs.

Let me know if you have any questions.