Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I recently bought a 2015 C300 and the Multimedia system

I recently bought a...

I recently bought a 2015 C300 and the Multimedia system (Navigation, Radio, etc). is not working. The dealership (not an MB dealership) said they spoke to a Benz dealership and apparently there is a patch or an update currently being done that affects all 2015 C300's. They told me that when it's resolved it will automatically resume working and there's no need to take it in. Do you know anything about this? Does this sound accurate? Thanks! *****: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

It came with the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it back to the used car dealership where I bought the car, sine it stopped working about 1 day after I bought the car and they took it to the Mercedes dealership in town, who told them that this affects the 2015 C300 and MB is aware of this and is working on a patch that should hopefully be completed by the end of the week.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, the system just seems like it's frozen.

3/23/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

mercedes is currently working on a patch/software update and we are not to update anything in the audio system until then.

BUT there is nothing that will update your car automatically you will still need to go to the dealer for them to perform the software update .

not sure where they got the info that you would not need to bring the car in,

hope this clears up the confusion.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Thanks Lou - this is helpful. Do you know when Mercedes plans to be completed with the software update?

we get update discs at the beginning of every month and patch updates mid month, i would hope that by the mid week of april we would have them in the updates.

but we will be notified when the update is available. so if you want to check in with me in a week or so that would work.

i wont be able to find your chat by then so ill need you to message me first.

Lou