Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My brake lights are not working and one tail light. The

Customer Question
My brake lights are...

My brake lights are not working and one tail light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

The wiring harness in the trunk is fried. I dont know where to purchase a new one.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2000 c280

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C280 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was hoping to find the name of the part to purchase so a mechanic could do the work for me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ive owned the car for 2 years now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/22/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you tried calling the dealer yet?