Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 s500 non 4matic and the compressor engages…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 s500 non 4matic and the compressor engages when I'm driving and shakes the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had the compressor replaced and the relay relplaced

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

73000 mi I replaced the front air suspension a 1-1/2 yrs ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I didnt have any problems with the compressor until a mechanic put a new compressor on the car

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/22/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

I suspect the mechanic did not put on the rubber mounting grommets with the compressor or didn't put them on properly.They will fall out of place if not carefully installed and this will cause the vibration you are feeling here.

I would have the compressor re checked to see if the rubber grommets are out of place or missing needing installed to resolve this fault as I do suspect this is the cause and was a common issue.These grommets are located where the bolts/nuts hold the compressor to the vehicle itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete