Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Im having trouble with my 97 e420 and a radio replacement i…

Customer Question
Hi. Im having trouble...

Hi. Im having trouble with my 97 e420 and a radio replacement i just ordered. I entered the code that was listed on the side and also called my MB dealer and tried 2 codes that they gave me that all didnt work. I don't know if i am doing something wrong with the code entering process, but i need some help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

What's a scan too tool*

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E420 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried inputting the code that was given to me and the codes from my MB dealer and all 3 havent worked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am not 100% sure of the process in entering the code and i think that it might be my problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/22/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Can you tell me what radio you have, there's often different options for each model year can you read the brand on it and give that to me or the model I can help you with the process enter the code but often if it won't take it that means the radio is faulty you might want to contact the people you got it from and see if they have another one.