Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will a 2008 S-550 work with the new I-phone 10? Been to

Will a 2008 S-550...

Will a 2008 S-550 work with the new I-phone 10?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Been to dealership twice and they can not get it to recognize the I-phone 10

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The contact list comes up on the car but can not get the car to recognize the phone

3/21/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

is your bluetooth adapter blue and silver or is it black?

I will check and get back to you this morning

ok thanks, ***** ***** is that you have an older "puck" adapter and will need to get a newer one with the latest software.

ebay has these a very good prices.

the phones will work although may miss on some of the cool features , but it will at least let you talk through the car and what not.

Lou

Thanks I will check into the new unit

here is a link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEWEST-FIRMWARE-INSTALLED-Factory-Mercedes-Bluetooth-Puck-Adapter-B67876131-OEM/232066881443?hash=item36084397a3:g:TkEAAOSw0vBUhk1L&vxp=mtr

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you. the only way I am paid for my info and time is when you rate, if there is a issue with the info I sent and you need more help or anything then by all means please let me know and I will continue to help you, but please take the time to rate me so I may be paid. Thank you. Lou P.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician