Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Without changing gear consult workshop" New car, 1017, 7000…

Customer Question
Quot;without changing gear consult...

Quot;without changing gear consult workshop"

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

New car, 1017, 7000 miles 2017

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Mercedes?

Gle 350d coupe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing, went to dealership, they said software update was performed also some clutch calibration

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/21/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Low voltage can cause this message/fault here.If you have a weak battery or alternator or if the cables leading from the battery or at the battery are loose or corroded this will cause this fault needing repaired.

If this is o.k. it is the shifter mechanism on the side of the transmission/gear box ( the shifter control that shifts the vehicle from park to drive and reverse etc. ) starts to act up internally sending a false signal causing this message here needing to be replaced.

I would have the battery and alternator tested to make sure they are o.k. as well as the battery cables checked.If these are all o.k. then I suspect the shifter control ( usually called the ISM ) is at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

ok thanks

You're welcome

Thanks Pete