Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I would like to import my personal SL63 AMG (2010) to the…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to import my personal SL63 AMG (2010) to the USA which I have owned for 2 years.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Mercedes?

What upgrades to the European (German) specification would be required to comply with US requirements?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

SL63 AMG

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/20/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 4 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately you cannot import that vehicle on a permanent basis. Only cars that were originally sold for the us market qualify unless they are over 25 years old. You can temporarily import it for up to a year under certain circumstances. Is that what you are aiming to do? If not you are best off selling that one and buying one here. It will probably be cheaper than importing one anyway, even if it is only temporary.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks