Shawn Few
Shawn Few ,
Experience:  Lead Tech at F1 Auto Service
99645171

Trunk will not lock with remote. It opens by pressing button

Customer Question

Trunk will not lock with remote
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: It opens by pressing button however not able to lock it with key
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1997 c230
JA: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't have valet key but it should work with the master key meaning the ignition key with the remote fob but it does not turn the trunk keyhole at all.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure if by obtaining valet key this should resolve pron
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shawn Few replied 8 months ago.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time. Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

By time these lock cylinder will freeze up( from dust ,debris, non use over the years , in a lot of cases you can get wd40 spray and spray inside the lock cylinder by inserting the plastic spray tube where key goes to turn it and fill with wd 40 and come back try turning key left and right with some force and see if it loosen and ,lock it , if it does not ,that lock needs replaced , the push button release of trunk is separate than lock cylinder ,so butoon working does not mean locks cylinder should work , there operation not related to each other

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.