Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My ac blower quite working. I can feel cool at the vent but…

Customer Question
My ac blower quite...

My ac blower quite working. I can feel cool at the vent but is not blow3ing. Hoping that it is a fuse,

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2010 e-550

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I am going to try and check for a fuse first

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope thats it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
3/20/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 month ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

remove the panel under the passenger side of the dash and hit the bottom of the blower and see if it kicks on, the most common failure is the blowe/regulator.

if hitting the case helps the blower work then its simply a bad blower.

if it does not then we can check for power and ground at the regulator.

the fuse for the regulator/blower rarely blows because it is a very big amperage fuse.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 29 days ago

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you. the only way I am paid for my info and time is when you rate, if there is a issue with the info I sent and you need more help or anything then by all means please let me know and I will continue to help you, but please take the time to rate me so I may be paid. Thank you. Lou P.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician