Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rear ended yesterday--will this have a major effect on the…

Customer Question
Rear ended yesterday--will this...

Rear ended yesterday--will this have a major effect on the roof closure. Everything looks in place in the trunk--trunk lid does not close all the way and there are 2 metal blocks that popped up in rear window?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

For what?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2013 sl550

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well the damage has yet to be determined. Rear fendor and trunk lid closure have been damaged. Locked seatbelt in drivers side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes air bags did not deploy -malfunctioned sign appeared along with other safety measures. Car that hit me was going at least 35 mph their air bags did deploy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
3/20/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

The small impact will effect roof closure, it will need to be reset ,

to be honest on 2013 SL550 , what you need is a Start Mercedes Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

if none of the air bags safety sensors got deployed ,then resetting will take care of it , we do have few other sensors then air bags deploying , we have seat occupation weight sensor, seat belts , seat belt re tractors etc

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat