Mercedes

Connect one-on-one with a verified mercedes mechanic who will answer your question

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician

More related answers
All mercedes mechanics are VERIFIED
44,000 mile 2004 SL500 horn blows when I go to adjust the
Eric, Retired
44,000 mile 2004 SL500 horn blows when I go to adjust the sound up or down on the radio using the _+/- switch on the upper right side of the steering wheel (at first I thought I just did not make dire… read more
2002 C32 new battery key turns wont engage starter. Have
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
2002 C32 new battery key turns wont engage starter. … read more
Can't turn the key in the ignition. Locked. Fob is worn. 02
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
There is no usual electrical noise when inserting key … read more
My key won't turn in ignition. It unlocks doors, etc. New
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
My key won't turn in ignition. It unlocks doors, etc. New batteries did not fix issue. … read more
What causes the key not to start engine, steering wheel is
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
What causes the key not to start engine, steering wheel is locked also … read more
My car starts and goes into gear but the steering column
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
my car starts and goes into gear but the steering column still locked I tried to give me a back in forth and turn the key at the same time still stays locked … read more
The key won't work turn in the ignition. On the steering
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
yes on the steering wheel. The key is my replacement key. My original key will turn in the ignition, but most of the time the car won't start. I've changed the batteries and nothing happens. … read more
Need to replace the starter battery, any special procedure
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Need to replace the starter battery, any special procedure or can I just disconnect the old one and replace? … read more
My '98 sl500 has just created the following problem. Over
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
My '98 sl500 has just created the following problem. Over the past few months, when we turn the car off via the key, and remove the key, about 50% of the time the radio and dash lights stay on. I have… read more
Noticed a leak on the garage under the front driver seat of
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
noticed a leak on the garage under the front driver seat of a 2003 sl500 sl. Car is low and unable to raise it … read more
I'm changing the steering lock , Ecu , and ignition switch
Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, mercedes mechanic
I'm changing the steering lock , Ecu , and ignition switch from the same year and model of my car. Everything match Will my car turn on ???… read more
I have a 1995 SL500 and I removed the battery to recharge.
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I have a 1995 SL500 and I removed the battery to recharge. The starter motor cranks but the car does not start. A couple of years ago a mechanic that worked on the car reset an internal theft preventi… read more
I have a 1997 E420 Mercedes can i leave the locking device
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
i have a 1997 E420 Mercedes can i leave the locking device for the steering wheel off as well as the smart key ?… read more
Sl500: Hi Marty. I recently replaced the starter battery in
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi Marty. I recently replaced the starter battery in my 2006 sl500. It was no big deal. It was the original. My rear battery also the original is not holding as good a charge as it should. I'm going t… read more
ML 500: VIN 4JGBB75E16A071433 I have a 2006 Mercedes Benz
ImYourCarGuy
ImYourCarGuy, Associate Degree
VIN 4JGBB75E16A071433 I have a 2006 Mercedes Benz ML500 73,400 miles on it. I am experiencing an issue with the vehicle intermittently. The best way I can describe it is that after the vehicle warms u… read more
Mercedes-Benz 230C Kompressor: I have a C230 Sport (Kompressor)
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I have a C230 Sport (Kompressor) 1999 with only 66,000Km and have a problem with the "brilliantly engineered" ignition key that has no overide and cannot be bypassed. I had the same problem 5 years ag… read more
2003 SL500: my driveway..new key from the dealer and picked it up.
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I lost the key to my 2003 SL500 and it sat for about 5 months in my driveway. I ordered a new key from the dealer and picked it up.. The battery in the car is dead. I am trying to jump start it but it… read more
My 2002 mercedes E320 has a smart key . The batteries in the
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
My 2002 mercedes E320 has a "smart key". The batteries in the fob are brand new, and the red light indicating so comes on. However, the "smart key" will not start the car without repeated attempts tur… read more