Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Won’t start because antithief is on. My key messed up so I…

Customer Question
Won’t start because antithief...

Won’t start because antithief is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

My key messed up so I can’t unlock it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

99 ml320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I disconnected the battery , I tryed putting the key in the 2nd position and hit the unlock on center consal

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dose the car need to be in neutral when I do the second position thing with the key?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Hello
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I gave the wrong email it is***@******.*** sorry
Put can you just call(###) ###-####
Can u call
Is any one there?
3/20/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 2 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This IssueIn some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the anti theft Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

but you can try a master reset below in case was a glitch,make sure battery has 12 volt and holding

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Hey still no luck tried master reset
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 2 months ago

check ,battery ,under load , check all fuse , in all fuse boxes ,try another key ,if not ,to be honest with you at this time

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .or we will end up throwing parts at it with a proper scanner

​with all that said , those keys to go bad by not sending rf signal or driver door locks and is most common but testing is need

the key with the switch/remote doesn’t work I don’t use it to lock the door , when I was in the car I had the key in the 1st position or 2nd and hit the lock button in the center consul by mistake . The battery is good & the fuses too( I’ll double check , I was looking for the way to disarm the anti thief alarm , how I put it on
With the scanner can the alarm be taken off?
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 2 months ago

I m sorry there is no fuse or relay to take off to disable system, there is no way you can bypass this system, it goes thru car anti theft module and car computer .

you need to have it scanned and retrieve faults ,sorry you will find that this the only way

only the dealer or someone with the scanner ?
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 2 months ago

Yes sir , Unfortunately dealer or a repair shop with equivalent scanner, like snap on , autel, launch , that can do that

Do know what that could cost around ? What if I get a after market key and program it ( key in second position hit lock 5x while Hold unlock 10 seconds ). to get the alarm off will that make my old key not work any more or my spare key?
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 2 months ago

n​o that want work,

I will spend The $100 for a correct scan, It could cost $189 if only u need key or $1500 ,we need to know the faults

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few