Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 SL500 vario roof issues. I have sprung a leak in my…

2003 SL500 vario roof...

2003 SL500 vario roof issues

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have sprung a leak in my front latch cylinder while putting the top down. just before the trunk did its final latch it came up a couple inches short of closing. So I have no way to access the reservoir to refill it as the the trunk will not work open until it is latched

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

The hydraulics are stuck in that position

3/19/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Here is a video i made on how to open a mercedes trunk with the metal blade key. Please let me know if this helps. This will allow you access to the pump.https://youtu.be/cG7q5BlEBfMCopy and paste that video link. Hope this information helps please let me know if you need more help. Please take a second and rate me 5 stars in the top right corner of the chat if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Thanks for choosing just answer! Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Awesome! It worked!
Glad i could help! Take care if you need more help please let me know