Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 mercedes e63 code p2187 self adaptation ofmixture

formation for enrichment at idle...
2007 mercedes e63 code p2187 self adaptation ofmixture formation for enrichment at idle speedfor the right cylinder above permissble limit
3/19/2018
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The first thing to check is to make sure there are no intake vacuum leaks.There were issues on some of these with the intake leaking at the gasket area.In allot of cases this requires a smoke machine to inject smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see leaks like the intake gasket leaking.

If this is o.k. the most common cause I have run across to set this code is the right mass air flow sensor.It sends a false signal and causes this code here.The mass air flow sensor has to be replaced and the mass air flow sensor adaptation reset with a compatible scan tool to resolve this fault.Below is a layout for this sensors location.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ju7kxnr18dg2c59/maf-03-19.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awsome thanks

Your welcome

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic