Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have no power to left side headlamp or parking lights or…

Customer Question
Have no power to...

Have no power to left side headlamp or parking lights or turn signal

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2004 c320 sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Headlamp assembly was busted replace entire assembly checked fuses all good from what i checked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a relay that could cause all these issues

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/19/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** you post the vin number for me? Is this the same problem that you had with the old unit?

wdbrf64j15f606423 the housing was busted had to be replaced
that light was not working when i got it
i am not near the car right now is there anything you can tell me to try after while i will get the car try them then we can talk
is it possible that a relay could be causing the problem if so which one and where is it

Ok, standby while I check some info.

Are any lights at all working in the left headlamp?

no

Ok, there are no relays involved that would cause this problem. All power to the left and the right headlamps comes from the front SAM (signal acquisition module). If you are not getting any power to the light the problem would be with the front SAM or with the wiring between the SAM and the light. You should make sure that the bulbs in the used unit are good. On this model, if the bulbs are burned out or are missing, the SAM will turn off the power to the light unit.

Let me know if you have any questions.

where would the sam unit be located and whats it look like

The SAM is underneath the front fuse box under the hood. It is basically the fuse box as an assembly.

what likly hood of it being bad
Do i understand you right if any of the bulbs in the assembly is bad none of the headlight will work

Only the individual circuits are disabled for each bad bulb so either all of the bulbs are bad or are missing or there is a fault with the SAM or the wiring.

I would normally power the individual circuits from the connector on the SAM to check the wiring and light unit. If it works when applying power to the circuit from the SAM then the SAM will need to be replaced.

i replaced the bulbs when installed

Ok, did you see my last reply? I would normally power the individual circuits from the connector on the SAM to check the wiring and light unit. If it works when applying power to the circuit from the SAM then the SAM will need to be replaced.

can you send me a picture of the sam unit i feel i know what your talking about but want tyo be sure and once i check that later today can i continue to talk with you