Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  20 years Master Certified excellent fix rate and have access to factory wiring, and instructions.
27644750

P only. I have a 2004 e320, and I am doing a front brake

this question is for lou p only. I have a 2004 e320, and I am doing a front brake job. This car has a wear sensor on each side. Strangely, the left front wear sensor has a different connector than the right front, so needless to say, one of the replacement sensors I got isnt going to work. So at this point, I just want to make sure that the message on the dash is out when I get the brake job done. It is a 2 wire sensor. Do I connect the wires to keep the message off or keep them seperated?
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
When you have 2 wire sensors they must be connected. They complete the circuit until worn through unlike 1 wire sensors that ground to the rotor to complete the circuit when worn. This model has a 100% and a 50% wear sensor. It is grey and thicker to reach the center of the pad . Hope this information helps , Please take a second and rate me 5 stars in the top right corner of the chat if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Thanks for choosing just answer! Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for a quick response! Thats very interesting, I did not know that about the different percentages of wear--good info. Five stars to you!
With the 03-04 SL and E with the sbc the service will show a + next to it like A+ or B+ all the way to G+ indicating to check the brakes
:) it was a horrible design. Lol
Glad i can help