Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The wiper blades on our ML 350 don’t work until the car has…

The wiper blades...

The wiper blades on our ML 350 don’t work until the car has warmed up. After shutting off the engine and restarting they are fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2011 ml350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The mechanic has checked the motor and the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is definitely temperature related

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
There is a relay in the trunk fuse box called the circuit 15 relay. This relay can fail causing this issue. That is the first place i would start. I will look over the diagram and get you the location and diagram. Usually when this happens you might not even have power at the cigar lighter or power outlets. Lou
Relay R and N are the biggest culprits, the best test would be to check all the fuses for power with the car running and then let me know which ones dont have power then i can double check the diagram. Lou
https://www.mediafire.com/view/ogaoe4tegi5nzi3
Please take a second and rate me 5 stars in the top right corner of the chat if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Thanks for choosing just answer! Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
It will take me a while to get this done
I am not with the car right now
No worries. Reply when you can . But usually the issue is the relay or loose/burnt contacts at the back of the fuse box .
I have the fuse box open. How do I find the correct relay?
I sent you the fuse box diagram and the relay designations im not sure how else to tell you
That should work
How did you send it?
It has’t arrived
At 8:08 am message. Told the relay letters and then sent a link to a download for the file
Ill send it again
Trying to send the link again
Copy and paste that link into your web browser and it will be a file for the read fuse box
Another test is to see which fuses do not have power with the key on with a test light and then i can follow the diagram to see which relay is causing the issue
If you pull up a relay the letter is located under the relay on the fuse block indicating the position
Thanks, ***** *****
Ok sounds good. Let me know what you find. Ill help you solve this these are pretty easy just tedious
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician