Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How are you. My Mercedes radio say device unavailable. I…

Customer Question
How are you Mechanic's...

How are you

Mechanic's Assistant: I'm good, thanks. How can I help?

Yes my Mercedes radio say device unavailable

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

I can’t change nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

It’s freezing

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mercedes?

2015 c300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ok

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Hi
My radio say device unavailable
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
55357;�
Answered in 5 days by:
3/23/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

there is a known issue with the software and mercedes is working on making a software update. here is the internal message we received

Do not perform SW updates via Xentry on 205 Audio 20 HU: Currently there seems to be some incompatibility between Audio 20 Head-Units and the Xentry machines. When attempting to update the SW the radios might get corrupted. Currently the only known fix is a HU replacement. To mitigate the request for Audio 20 HUs, please do not update the Audio 20 on 205 vehicles while this topic is under investigation.

so i would call the dealer and keep checking back for when the new software becomes available.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified