Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The console Radio keeps on Freezing, when i take out the…

Customer Question
Second opinion] The console...

Second opinion] The console Radio keeps on Freezing, when i take out the Fuse 414 from the Trunk Fuse box it works perfectly but no Audio, when i put the fuse back in it freezes up again, C300 4matic 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 4matic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I already said what i did

Mechanic's Assistant: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?

The console Radio keeps on Freezing, when i take out the Fuse 414 from the Trunk Fuse box it works perfectly but no Audio, when i put the fuse back in it freezes up again, C300 4matic 2015

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
3/17/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 month ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Thank you for requesting me as well
May i have your vin? I would like to check bulletins i think a software update would fix this issue .
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
55swf4kb5fu038928
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello any update?

yes my apologies

the problem is the satellite radio unit.

most likely the issue can be updated software, i couldnt access the bulletins over the weekend i think they were doing maintenance or something. but per your options and the diagram the fuse goes to the sat radio module.

we have seen issues with software and also the module.

so have the software updated and see if that fixes it if not it will need to be replaced.

the warranty is 4 year and 50 k miles so you should still be under warranty.

hope this helps.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician