Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We are trying to find out how to get a old battery out of…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to find out how to get a old battery out of 1999 E55 mercedes

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

No but it is dead

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Mercedes?

E55 amg

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes cannot figure out how to get back seat up

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/17/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

On a W210 Mercedes model then you have to lift the rear seat cushion

and to get the cushion up you have to reach down the side to press on a the plastic tab that will release the catch

I've attached an image of the catch which should help

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt