Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1993 MB 190e Radio code. I have contacted the dealer and…

1993 MB 190e Radio...

1993 MB 190e Radio code. I have contacted the dealer and they gave me a 5 digit code and mine is 4 digits. I have also paid money to a site and they also gave me a 5 digit code. MB USA states they changed their system from using the VIN number to the serial number of the radio at the first of the year. I had contacted the dealer last fall and received the code for the radio but with the change from VIN to Radio serial number I am having difficulty with getting the correct code

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes the battery has been replace thus the reason for needing the code and I don't have the original owners manual for the car either.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MiniE?

1993

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MiniE yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have brought the car back to life and completed the transmission etc,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The codes I have been given have been given are 56542, 32312, 31312 all of which are 5 digits

Car's VIN = WDBDA28D9PG081792 Radio Serial # AL2191A1253347 Radio Model is CM2191 codes already received from MB Dealer and MB USA = 56542, 32312, 31312 all of which are 5 digits and radio requires only 4
Answered in 5 days by:
3/23/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, can you send me a photo of the radio serial number ? i would like to see the side of the case.

thanks, Lou

The car is at my father in law in Louisiana and I'm in Nebraska. However there was a sticker on the radio with some other numbers C or 0 21253347 then(###) ###-####the serial number I provided was stamped into the case of the stereo. Hope this helps.

it does not as i come up with the same code,. i have ran into in the past where the serial number has a single letter or number stamped under the serial number and when that number or letter is used we get a totally different code.

that is why i want to see it.

the only bad part is that i cannot give you the code over this site they will not allow it.

i can tell you that i did come up with 56542 based on the serial number you gave. however with the serial number of the car i do have a 4 digit code that you did not post.

if you accept my offer for email exchange i can get you in touch with a service that can provide the radio code for you

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Email sent

thanks.

Lou